Share your experience by presenting at the 2021 Australian Bushfire Building Conference
BMEE and the Bushfire Building Conference Program Advisory Committee are pleased to invite industry professionals to present at the 2021 Australian Bushfire Building Conference.
Do you have insights or ideas to share, a case study to present or a discussion topic you’d like to open up? This is your opportunity.
The 2021 Conference is going ahead as a hybrid event, with a live, in-person hub in the Blue Mountains, NSW. Alongside this will be a simultaneous virtual component through a dedicated conference platform.
Presentations will be 20 mins in length, followed by a 10 minute Q&A. Case studies can also be presented in a poster session format.
Conference Theme & Topics
The theme for 2021 is “Addressing the Tensions: Are we getting the balance right?”
2020 / 21 BUSHFIRE SEASON
- Lessons learnt
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR AND LANDSCAPING
- Ignitions & fire runs
- Defendable space
- FireWise design & planting
- Wildland / Urban Interface
- Bushfire assessments
- Planning regulations
BUSHFIRE BUILDING REGULATIONS
- NCC2019 adaptation / NCC2022
- AS3959 issues
- State regulations
- Product fire testing / engineering solutions
- Building design principles
- Case studies
- Construction examples and application of tested products;
RESILIENCE & RECOVERY
- Community-led recovery
- Mitigation /adaptation
- Alternative materials
How to apply
Apply by submitting a presentation summary/abstract. All presentation submissions will be subject to review. Please ensure that the following criteria are met in your submission:
- The topic is relevant and important to the chosen theme. Please ensure you have read the topic categories before submitting an abstract
- Subject matter is original or innovative
- The presentation must add to the knowledge-base of bushfire building professionals
- For product-focused presentations please contact Agnes (email@example.com) for sponsorship packages
Abstracts must follow these requirements:
- Abstracts should be limited to 500 words
- Abstracts must be submitted in the template format as provided here
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online submission portal by midnight, 31 May 2021.
Accepted presenters will be offered a discounted conference registration fee.
Submission portal opens:
1 April 2021
Abstract submissions close:
31 May 2021
Successful presenters contacted:
by 30 June 2021
25 – 27 August 2021