AUSTRALIAN BUSHFIRE BUILDING CONFERENCE
Addressing the tensions:
Are we getting the balance right?
November 1 - 3, 2021
REGISTER NOW FOR AUSTRALIA'S ONLY NATIONAL BUSHFIRE BUILDING EVENT
The 2021 Australian Bushfire Building Conference is postponed from 25-27 August to 1-3 November 2021.
The 2021 Australian Bushfire Building Conference is the annual must-attend event for building industry professionals, researchers and planners to learn from bushfire building experts in the field, network with one another and keep up-to-date with the latest research, regulations, and technologies.
The theme in 2021 is “Addressing the tensions: Are we getting the balance right?“
This year the 7th annual conference will be a ‘hybrid’ event with a live and in-person conference hub in the Blue Mountains, NSW plus a virtual component through a dedicated conference platform which will run simultaneously.
Delegates are encouraged to attend in-person to network with like-minded professionals, take part in important discussions, contribute to the economic growth of a bushfire impacted region, and experience the collective wisdom of other industry professionals.
This is a COVID-19 Safe event and will go ahead while adhering to the 2 person per square metre requirements or the current COVID-19 regulations at the time. We have a flexible cancellation policy.
Live, In-person Conference: $440
Virtual Conference: $220
BPAD Forum: $200
Networking Dinner at The Lookout Echo Point: $132
View the Conference Program
About the Conference
What is a hybrid conference?
How we’re planning around COVID-19
It will be a ‘hybrid’ Conference offering a live event plus a virtual event component through a dedicated conference platform which will run simultaneously. The event will go ahead virtually if COVID-19 regulations restrict live events going ahead in November.
The live event in NSW will be subject to the relevant health order and additional COVID-19 safe practices. This includes:
- Wider spacing of seats during the conference.
- Regular cleaning and hand sanitiser stations.
- Individual meals instead of buffet-style dining.
- Delegates need to ensure they social distance at all times.
Conditions of entry at the conference venue
Delegates are not permitted to enter if they:
- Are experiencing any flu or COVID-19 symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever).
- Have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious).
- Are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19.
- Reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of COVID-19 test.
- Have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
- 1 November 2021
- Times TBC
- 2-3 November 2021
- 1.5 days
- 2 November 2021
- 6pm - 9.30pm
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?
Virtual event registration: $200 + gst
In-person event attendance: Earlybird $350 + gst (Full price: $400 + gst)
- Includes 1.5 day conference
- Welcome Reception on Monday evening (1 November 2021) – if allowed
- Arrival, Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea on Tuesday, 2 November
- Arrival, morning tea and lunch on Wednesday, 3 November
Networking Dinner: Earlybird $100 + gst (Full price: $120 + gst)
- Tuesday, 2 November 2021 – The Lookout Echo Point, Katoomba NSW
What if I need to cancel?
Our Cancellation Policy is as follows:
Virtual Event Registrations:
- Can be cancelled by 15 October 2021 without penalty
- After 15 October 2021 a 20% admin fee applies
Live Event Registrations:
If switching to the virtual event, we’ll fully refund the difference between the Live and Virtual event costs if cancelled before 15 October 2021. Cancellations after this time will be accepted on a case by case basis and we’ll endeavour to refund the full difference if it’s due to new COVID related restrictions within that time frame.
If you need to cancel the Live event registration and can’t attend the Virtual event:
- Can be cancelled by 15 October 2021 without penalty
- After 15 October 2021 a 50% cancellation fee applies
What is a virtual conference?
First of all, it’s not like a Zoom meeting! A virtual conference uses a dedicated online conferencing platform to give delegates and speakers an enhanced, highly interactive conference experience:
- Speakers present on video with supporting presentations
- Delegates can interact with questions and comments
- Interactive discussion groups focus on topics of interests
- Virtual exhibitions connect suppliers and delegates
- Online social events provide networking opportunities
Virtual conferences are happening now all over the world and we’re excited to be bringing this one to you. Find out more about how the virtual Bushfire Conference will work here >
What technology do I need to attend the virtual conference?
The Conference will be delivered in a web browser environment. You will be required to log into the online event on a PC, laptop or Mac. The virtual portal is not suitable for smart phones.
A webcam and microphone is required.
Will the virtual event still go ahead in addition to a live event if it eventuates?
Yes, the virtual event will still take place for those who cannot travel to the conference.
The event is planned as a ‘hybrid’ conference, with the live sessions in the Blue Mountains accessible to virtual attendees and fully interactive for all participants via the virtual conferencing platform.